Giving up Tobacco is the Right Decision
Quitting commercial tobacco is the best decision you can make. Commercial tobacco use is an addiction though millions of people have quit. You can too!
Think about why you want to quit commercial tobacco. Here is a list to get you started:
- Decide which ones are important to you.
- I will live longer and feel better.
- Quitting will lower my chance of having a heart attack, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, stroke and cancer.
- The people I live with, especially my children, will be healthier.
- Food will taste and smell better.
- I will have extra money to save or to spend.
- My home, car, clothing and breath will smell better.
- I can stop worrying about quitting.
- Quitting will set a good example for my children or grandchildren.
- I will do better in physical activities.
- I will have fewer wrinkles/less aging of skin.
- My doctor recommended that I give up smoking.
- I want to have a healthier baby.
- My family will be proud of me.
Now take your positive reasons for quitting commercial tobacco and enter them into the Why Quit? Worksheet.
NEXT: Breathe Easy Guide: Preparing to Quit Commercial Tobacco